Recovery ROM can also be flashed using Updater App. Recovery ROMs come with a .zip file extension and can be installed through the Local Update method from within MIUI. You can also use a custom recovery for installing these ROMs, though do note that device-specific instructions may differ in that case. After downloading the firmware from above link, get a functional USB cable, then follow the instructions via this link to learn how to flash Xiaomi fastboot and recovery firmware.
To verify, go to ‘Control Panel’ → ‘Device Manager’ and verify if the device is being detected as ‘Android Bootloader Interface’. If it does, then you can skip this step and head directly to step #6 below. To do this, you will first need to install an archive utility like 7-Zip or something similar on your computer. Once you have it simply locate the downloaded Fastboot ROM on your computer, right-click on it, select ‘7-Zip’ and then ‘Extract here’. Once this is done, you will get another file in .tar file format. The fastest way to update your Xiaomi phone is by installing the over-the-air (OTA) updates using the built-in Updater mechanism.
You will still need to download a stock ROM in order to install these ROMs. To grab an MIUI ROM, you can search our website with your device name or from the official MIUI Forums. Xiaomi periodically rolls out MIUI updates over the air (OTA) to eliminate bugs and introduce new features.
- These apps will not appear in Google Play, but even if you sideload them via the APK file you may find they do not work.
- In case you run into any problems installing system updates on your Xiaomi device manually, feel free to let us know in your comments below.
- Sometimes your device doesn’t receive an update, you stay with the old version and wait desperately.
- Unlike existing global single sign on solutions like the ones from Google or Facebook, ID4me does not track and analyze the internet surfing habits of its users.
- This method could be really helpful when reinstalling the “Xiaomi Mi 10 firmware” on your device.
Read Steps to install Xiaomi Mi A1 Stock Rom TWRP Recovery new version, supported android 4, 8, 9, 10, 6, 7, 5, 12, 11, 13. Although flashing a Custom ROM is not a difficult task, but you need to perform carefully as it might result in a stock ROM (firmware) brick. If you’re new to third-party ROM, then do check out the below procedure to flash a Custom ROM on any Android phone using TWRP Recovery.